THE PIAGET DYNASTY
In 1874, at the age of nineteen, Georges-Édouard Piaget set up his first workshop on the family farm where he devoted himself to the manufacture of components and high precision movements. His motto “Always do better than necessary” reflected both his ambition and an ideal of self-surpassing that would continue to permeate the company and contribute to its success. Its reputation began to radiate well beyond the pastures of La Côte-aux-Fées. Soon Piaget would be supplying components and movements to the most prestigious watch brands in Switzerland.